CSAVR 2017 Conference
Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation (CSAVR) is pleased to announce our 2017 Fall Conference to be held in Greenville, SC, on November 13-15, 2017.
CSAVR invites submissions of proposals from practitioners, rehabilitation educators, and other professionals working in the field of rehabilitation.
Content Areas of Presentation
CSAVR’s fall conference will focus on State Agencies’ progress in implementing WIOA. We are seeking proposals for presentation that focus on several specific areas of WIOA in which there is considerable interest to our members, Hill staff, core partners, other state and federal agencies and members of the disability community at large. We anticipate that we will have space on the conference agenda for presentations at two General Sessions and 5-6 concurrent sessions. With that in mind, proposals will be considered on a first come first serve basis, based on their merit.
Proposals will be accepted for general and concurrent sessions presentations. Submissions may represent the following content areas:
- Business Engagement, including any new business partners or partnerships that you have developed through the NET and successes you have achieved as a result of utilization of the Talent Acquisition Portal (TAP). This includes examples of cross state partnerships supported by the NET.
- Data Sharing – highlighting your process to do this with core partners and the value to VR.
- Customized employment – Utilization of this placement strategy and outcomes or expected outcomes.
- MOUs with core partners and the benefits to VR in their establishment and utilization.
- Pre-ETS – Numbers served and any outcomes achieved.
- Section 511 – Strategies for implementation and any successes you have achieved.
- Career pathways or apprenticeship programs you have partnered with others to develop.
- Strategies used to successfully meet the expanded supported employment requirements.
- Customer services strategies that your agency has implemented to more efficiently serve customers with disabilities.
We encourage the inclusion of any partners you identify as co-presenters in your presentations at the fall conference. Time and space permitting, we would also consider other special projects in which you are engaged that have increased or have the potential to increase employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities.
The deadline for submitting proposals is close of business, Monday, July 31, 2017.